2017年5月9日火曜日

Holiday at Toscana

   

I rented the Fiat 500 and a white/red Gabriola in Rome and arrived in Persia.
18 years ago, Hidetoshi Nakata became a legend by scoring 2 goals against Juventus on his first match at Serie A.
A simple stadium at a simple town.


In 2001, as I was walking down the road of Morocco, many people called out to me saying, Nakata!
A player from Umbria, a countryside of Italy, became famous in North Africa via satellite.
I realized the power of soccer and the power of satellites.
15 years later, I was at the site.


A place of pilgrimage. Assisi. Umbria, Etruria, Rome, Eastern Goths, Kingdom of Langobardorum, Frank, Persia, history of governance by the pope.
Anywhere you go around here, the history is similar.
The numerous rampart villages and alleys tell the story.


Enter Siena of Toscana from Umbria.
The headquarters of Monte Dei Paschi, the oldest bank in Italy.
From the left you will see baroque, gothic, and renaissance buildings from 14 – 16c.
Sophisticated Toscana.




I will never forget how the director from the Ministry of Posts and Telecommunications said “I can’t trust Americans or Italians” during a negotiation to liberate telecommunications between Japan and America in 1985.
Maybe these Americans visiting Toscana is the last people he can trust.
But they are good people.
・・・Castiglione


Church, plaza, sound of the bell, stone pavement, waving emblem on the flag, upper roads that connect houses, curio, shoes, bags, lace, jewelry, glass art, pottery, miniatures, old books, olive oil. I love them.


It must’ve been a lot of work to build fortresses and churches on a mountain like this.
・・・Castirano Dolche


As I get bored of driving, I think about Italian names that end with Ni.
Fellini, Pasolini, Antonioni, Taviani, Mastroianni, Puccini, Armani, Modigliani, Marconi, Mussolini, Berlusconi...


I ran out of ni, so I will move on to Italian names that end with i.
Bisconti, Totti, Inzaghi, da Vinci, Versce, Vivaldi, Ferrari, Machiavelli, Botticelli, Bertoucci, Montessori...  Pienza


Next, Italian names that end with o.
Michelangelo, Galileo, Baggio, Caravaggio, Gattuso, Del Piero, Sandro Lopopolo, Renzo Piano, Umberto Eco, Ferragamo, Girolamo... Cortona


Arriving in the mountains, I stayed at a renovated post office from the 15th century.
The hot spring in the back dates back to the Roman period.


I wish they would renovate old post offices in Japan too.

0 コメント:

コメントを投稿